Friday, May 1, 2009

Enhanced Technology Lesson Plan !

When I first saw this assignment like a fool I over reacted, I just could not keep things simple and see it for what it was. It turned out that Dr Luongo was asking for me to do something I have done for a while! I said to myself, " I don't want to just give her the usual,why not try to be creative and include things I learned in her class!" Sure enough, I took and old project I have been using for a couple of years when I taught physical science and turned it into a Web Quest! This Web Quest is a series of a total of different lessons / activities involving the same project and it takes an average of 2 weeks in the computer lab to do , but it is lots of fum and brings out the competitiveness of the students out in the open, if you work in a small school or the math & social studies teachers of your school and you share the same students it could turn into an activity to be done in less time but by all three teachers and students get credit in all three and believe me they will love that! It also shows them that what you learn in one subject is needed in other areas of life.
I did not realized until Dr Luongo asked me to choose which lesson I wanted to be graded on , that I got carried away with my assignment! But using technology and information from the Internet such as real time data could turn a every day lesson into an adventure! Lesson Planning gives me the opportunity to think not about the lesson itself, but how am I going to present it to my classroom in the most effective , challenging and interesting way so we both enjoy the lesson.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Better to be "overexcited" than not excited at all.

Your enthusiasm is what makes you a spectacular teacher!